Saturday, March 14, 2009

One more week....

The game that was supposed to take place today has been moved to the same time next week. I was able to get together with 2 of my players and we rolled up an elven Cleric, and a human Druid. We used the 4d6, then removed the lowest number to generate 6 numbers. I am please to see that the rolls were all over the board.... unless you happen to be the only female player. Lady Luck should be her name. She rolled a few high numbers including an 18. (No matter, an 18 won't save you my dear.)
We also have decided to move the game to a proper table setting. We had been playing our 3.5 Edition game around a large coffee table in comfortable sofas and chairs in a living room. In order to provoke a more group-like setting we are moving back to the dining room table. An idea that I read over here at Gnome Stew. I like the idea of everyone sitting close and alert as opposed to laid back and comfortable. At least I think I do. After next weeks game I will review the events of the game and discuss if the table added anything to the game.
I have decided on a few details of the starting city. Here is what I have so far and what the players already know. (Subject to change between now and then of course.)
  1. It is not a city, but more like a small hunting village.
  2. Located along a main road through a forest.
  3. The only weapons for sale are wooden in nature. Hand Axes and Bows are for sale because they are tools for survival in the woods. Non metal armors may be available at first.
  4. Starting equipment will be determined by the GM. No weapons or armor unless they can be found in the starting city. PC's may have a knife or dagger that they may have owned already before arriving in town. I want to convey the sense of a common person and if fate allows, a real rise to power for the PC's.
  5. The dungeon will be a nearby mine that the PC's should be hooked into exploring. The mine has not been in use for a few generations and is thought of as a place of bad omen. Local children are forbidden from playing near the dark hole in the earth for it leads deep under a large hill into untold dangers below.
I have a bunch more ideas, but I do not want to spoil anything before next week. I just can't wait till we get up and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment